Monday, August 15, 2011

WTF, STF


Fullwiler:

After all, the point of the coin seigniorage proposal was to avoid the debt ceiling and to avoid making some sort of deal that would reduce current or future spending (or raise taxes for that matter). Again, my mistake for not realizing this wouldn't be obvious to at least one particular reader.

Me:

I am perfectly aware and I do agree that, as you say, "the point of the coin seigniorage proposal was to avoid the debt ceiling and to avoid making some sort of deal that would reduce current or future spending (or raise taxes for that matter)." As I said in my earlier comment, "The coin was a way to get around the debt ceiling and let the Federal government spend." You have done a good job of re-stating my view. Your mistake is *not* in "not realizing this wouldn't be obvious" to an "idiot" like me.

Your mistake is in offering the false premise.

Recent comments on mine of 10 August.

No comments: